AstraZeneca sought to transition from an expensive, decentralised agency delivery model to an optimised recruitment outsourcing model in Australia and New Zealand. After a competitive bid process, they selected Hudson RPO for its scalability, strong cultural alignment, and track record in pharmaceutical recruitment.
- 32 days average time-to-fill
- 13 days average time to source
- 24% of hires proactively sourced
- 95% direct fill rate
- 98% hiring manager satisfaction
- 100% candidate satisfaction
Journey to success
In 2019, the joint Hudson RPO and AstraZeneca Australia team were named Innovative HR Team winner by HRD magazine.
Notable hires for AstraZeneca include
- Three Associate Medical Directors
- Two experienced Oncology Medical Managers
- Multiple Medical Science Liaisons
- Plus a National Sales Manager and new sales team for the launch of Fasenra, an add-on maintenance treatment for patients with severe eosinophilic asthma
Hiring manager satisfaction
Hudson RPO’s recruitment outsourcing solution for AstraZeneca includes hiring for all permanent and fixed term hiring for all roles across Commercial and Operations – including; Sales, Marketing, Medical, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Medical and Corporate in all AstraZeneca’s divisions.
To set the team up for success, Hudson RPO implemented a change management program to get hiring managers engaged in the process.
The solution has been augmented by other strategic services including:
- Employer Branding / EVP Consultation
- Technology innovation – Spark Hire, Hiring Solved, LinkedIn Recruiter best practices
- LinkedIn social presence management
- Hiring manager training
- Market / Sourcing Map Delivery
- Executive / Confidential Search
- Candidate pool management
- Hudson RPO research and thought leadership
- Customised reporting
- Hudson RPO InGenium ATS
- Workday Implementation
- Co interviewing
- Satisfaction surveys
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical business that generated more than US$22 billion in 2017. AstraZeneca employees nearly 60,000 people worldwide.